If you’re looking to get those gains then there’s one important set of nutrients your body needs to stock up on. Yep, you’ve guessed it – protein. Egg whites are a great option for ensuring high-protein and ideal for curbing fat content, but can often prove wasteful (what do we do with the yolk?)…
Two Chicks have solved this problem with their liquid egg white cartons – available in Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and on-line via Ocado, as well as health food stores. With 70% less calories than whole eggs, the cholesterol free, fat free and gluten free cartons are a refrigerator staple for many of our favourite fitness bloggers. We asked four of them to prove their allegiance, by showing us exactly how they like to eat theirs.
Check out their essential post-workout creations:
Healthy Chef Steph’s Two Chicks Kale, Ham & Sundried Tomato Omelette
- Two chicks egg whites
- Cottage Cheese
- Chili bites
- Sundried tomato
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Drizzle some coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the kale, sundried tomatoes and ham for a few minutes.
- Poor the desired amount of Two Chicks egg white over the top and fry until cooked.
- Top with rocket, cottage cheese, half an avocado and some chilli bites (from Whole Foods).
The Clean Eating Guide’s Two Chicks Double Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 4 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder
- 350g sweet potato (boiled & mashed)
- 2 whole eggs
- Two Chicks egg whites (equivalent of 2 egg whites)
- 100g smooth nut butter
- 4 tbsp natural honey
- 100g low fat, thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 60g dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil to grease your cake tins
For the topping
- 50g of dark chocolate
For the chocolate Cream filling
- 60g of Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
- 20g smooth peanut butter
For the low calorie raspberry jam
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- 1/4 jar of zero calorie raspberry fruit spread
- Combine all of the ingredients for the cake mixture in a bowl and mix until smooth (mix the dry ingredients first and then add the wet ingredients).
- Grease your round cake tins with the coconut oil and pour half of the cake mixture into each tin. Bake at 170 degrees for 25-30 minutes (check your cake halves are cooked thoroughly by poking them with a knife, if the knife comes out clean they’re ready).
- To make the chocolate peanut butter cream frosting whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl until the mixture is smooth, thick and fluffy.
- For the low calorie raspberry jam heat the fresh raspberries and the raspberry fruit spread in a saucepan on a low heat. Wait until the raspberries reduce right down and a jam is formed.
- Leave to cool for around 15 minutes.
- Once your cake halves have cooled spread your raspberry jam over the lower half of the cake and spread your chocolate cream filling over the top half of the cake.
- Finish off by melting the dark chocolate and drizzling it over the top of your cake before sprinkling with fresh raspberries.
London Fitness Guide’s Two Chicks Protein Oats
- 40g Oats
- 100-150g liquid Two Chicks egg whites
- 150-200ml hot water
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- Cacao nibs
- 1 coconut yoghurt
- Agave syrup (optional)
- Using a microwavable bowl mix hot water with the matcha powder and stir in the oats.
- Add the Two Chicks egg whites and stir again.
- Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds, remove and stir (repeat until cooked through).
- Top with your yoghurt of choice and sprinkle with the cacao nibs.
- Finish by adding a dash of chai spice or cinnamon for an extra kick
Protein Chef’s Two Chicks Sugar Free Meringue Kisses
- 40g Two Chicks egg whites
- 60g low calorie sweetener
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A few drops of natural pink food colouring (optional extra for pink swirl)
- Pre heat your oven to 145 degrees.
- Add the egg white, salt and vanilla extract to a large, clean bowl.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the Two Chicks egg whites on slow for 1 minute.
- Turn the whisk up to high and whisk until the egg whites form peaks (this will take around 2-3 minutes).
- Turn the whisk down to medium and add the sweetener slowly (10g at a time). Keep whisking until the mixture forms stiff peaks and is really glossy.
- Spoon out onto a non-stick parchment paper and bake for 1 hour (until golden brown).
- After 1 hour turn the oven off and leave the meringue to cool in the oven with the door slightly open.
- Allow the meringue to cool fully before filling it with fat free Greek yoghurt swirled with natural pink food colouring.
- Add berries or anything else you like before serving.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH TWO CHICKS