Join us as we discuss trends and insights impacting the global wellness industry.
NEXT LONDON EVENT: TUESDAY 2ND APRIL
Bird & Bird, 12 New Fetter Lane, EC4A
ABOUT THE TRENDS FORUM
The wellness industry is now valued at a staggering $4.2 trillion. Businesses are shifting their priorities to focus on wellness beyond the products and services they offer.
Presented by Bird & Bird, MINDBODY, and Skipper & Skipper, the Trends Forum brings to life the trends that are impacting the wellness market, your business, and career. Hear from industry professionals who will share their expertise, insights, and strategies for success, and network with like-minded, passionate and forward-thinking individuals all of whom are invested in the wellness industry.
WHEN & WHERE
Tuesday 2nd April 2019, 6.15 – 9pm
Bird & Bird LLP, 12 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1JP
WHAT TO EXPECT
– Two insightful key-note presentations by the industry’s leading Nutritionist and boutique gym Founder
– A live panel discussion with additional industry experts
– A chance to ask the panel your burning questions
– The opportunity to meet and connect with forward-thinking individuals representing businesses within the fitness, food and drink, beauty, consumer technology, fashion/athleisure, social enterprise, media and investment sectors
– An inspiring and educational evening designed to take your business or idea to the next level
– A complimentary 15 minute consultation with Bird & Bird and/or Skipper & Skipper following the event
– Networking over drinks and healthy snacks
– A goody bag to take away — stuffed with treats from our brand partners
WHO WILL BE THERE
– Entrepreneurs, at various stages of business ideation and growth, eager to learn more about how future trends impact business decisions
– Investors interested in current and future opportunities in the vibrant global wellness sector
– Industry stakeholders servicing the needs of wellness brands – like PR agencies, brand strategists, product innovators and more
– Big brands looking to embrace innovation and new product/service development amidst a booming startup scene
– Plus, other individuals interested in the business of wellness – from a career perspective, or just out of pure curiosity!
LAURA THOMAS PhD | NUTRITIONIST
Presenting ‘Credibility in Nutrition Vs Commercial Scale in Retail’
Laura Thomas, PhD is an AfN Registered Nutritionist and Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor. She is the host of Don’t Salt My Game podcast and was the Nutritionist for the 2017 BBC1 documentary Mind Over Marathon. She established the London Centre for Intuitive Eating in 2017 to help clients and train clinicians in Intuitive Eating. Her first book, Just Eat It: How to get your shit together around food was published by Bluebird Books in January 2019.
Sharing insights into the world of nutrition, Laura will challenge the thinking of businesses in the F&B sector including brand values, and how, what and when to sell to consumers.
JESS SCHURING | FOUNDER, HEARTCORE
Presenting ‘Human Touch, Community, and Experience in Fitness, Vs Technology’
Creative, entrepreneur and wellness expert, Jess Schuring is the founder of Heartcore – one of London’s boutique fitness leaders. With an extensive professional background in hospitality, fitness and design, Jess continues to raise and influence the industry standards with Heartcore. Her passion to inspire and empower others through positive and meaningful soul to soul experiences have been key to her success in building the Heartcore brand.
Discussing the importance of company values, human connection, and customer service, Jess will explore the value of building a brand with human touch at its core.
AL OVERTON | BUYING DIRECTOR, PLANET ORGANIC
Joining the panel and answering your questions
Graduating as a Medical Herbalist in 1999, Al has been involved in the natural health retail market for more than 15 years. In charge of Planet Organic’s buying, marketing and e-commerce functions, Al works directly with brands to support the sale of organic, natural, health products across their seven stores and website.
More panelists to be announced soon…
Designed for businesses of all sizes, the Trends Forum delivers key insights
to help you take your business or career to the next level.