Join us as we discuss trends and insights impacting the global wellness industry.
NEXT LONDON EVENT: TUESDAY 19TH NOVEMBER 2019
Bird & Bird, 12 New Fetter Lane, EC4A
ABOUT THE TRENDS FORUM
The wellness industry is now valued at a staggering $4.2 trillion. Businesses are shifting their priorities to focus on wellness beyond the products and services they offer.
Presented by Bird & Bird, MINDBODY, and Skipper & Skipper, the Trends Forum brings to life the trends that are impacting the wellness market, your business, and career. Hear from industry professionals who will share their expertise, insights, and strategies for success, and network with like-minded, passionate and forward-thinking individuals all of whom are invested in the wellness industry.
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Tuesday 19th November 2019, 6.15 – 9pm
Where: Bird & Bird LLP, 12 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1JP
WHAT TO EXPECT
– Insightful key-note presentations by the industry’s leading experts
– A live panel discussion hosted by Founder of Welltodo, Lauren Armes
– A chance to ask the panel your burning questions
– The opportunity to meet and connect with forward-thinking individuals representing businesses within the fitness, food and drink, beauty, consumer technology, fashion/athleisure, social enterprise, media and investment sectors
– An inspiring and educational evening designed to take your business or idea to the next level
– A complimentary 15 minute consultation with Bird & Bird and/or Skipper & Skipper following the event
– Networking over drinks and healthy snacks
– A goody bag to take away — stuffed with treats from our brand partners
- DIVERSIFYING THE BOUTIQUE FITNESS MODEL
– New verticals including retail, digital and retreats
– Becoming a lifestyle brand
– Expansion into new markets including adapting your business model, pricing, challenges and opportunities
– Taking a sustainable approach to boutique fitness
- THE RISE OF CBD
– Legislation, regulation and investment in the sector
– Product offering; diversification, what’s popular, what’s not and what’s next?
– Large corporations buying, integrating and developing CBD products
– The retail experience and consumer behaviour
WHO WILL BE THERE
– Entrepreneurs, at various stages of business ideation and growth, eager to learn more about how future trends impact business decisions
– Investors interested in current and future opportunities in the vibrant global wellness sector
– Industry stakeholders servicing the needs of wellness brands – like PR agencies, brand strategists, product innovators and more
– Big brands looking to embrace innovation and new product/service development amidst a booming startup scene
– Plus, other individuals interested in the business of wellness – from a career perspective, or just out of pure curiosity!
OUR KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
JOHAN OBEL – CO-FOUNDER, THEDRUG.STORE
Johan entered the medicinal cannabis space, lobbying governments and growing in a state-of-the -art facility in Denmark. After seeing the potential and misinformation in the CBD space he, along with his Co-Founder Clemens, started TheDrug.Store.
After launching in October 2018, TheDrug.Store is now one of the biggest CBD companies in Europe. The London Marylebone flagship store features curated products that are sustainable, ethical and best in their category.
ED STANBURY – CO-FOUNDER & CEO, BLOK
Ed Stanbury is CEO of BLOK, the boutique fitness studio Vogue magazine dubbed “the trendiest gym in London”. He oversees all aspects of the business and is responsible for driving BLOK’s strategy for growth from a neighbourhood gym, to a global lifestyle brand.
Having recently added a site in Manchester’s Northern Quarter to their existing locations in Shoreditch and Clapton, BLOK is breaking away from the boutique fitness pack with a product offering that goes far beyond the usual classes.
With 27 different class formats, sitting alongside cafes, retail, events, and retreats, BLOK is constantly adapting and evolving to current fitness trends without compromising brand integrity.
LAUREN WILSON – MARKETING DIRECTOR, THIRD SPACE
As Marketing Director for London’s leading luxury health club, Third Space, Lauren is responsible for the brand proposition across all services including Group Exercise, Personal Training, Sports Medical and Natural Fitness Food.
Prior to joining Third Space 4 years ago Lauren had over 12 years FMCG experience working as a Marketing Director at L’Oreal across LOreal Paris, Garnier and Redken. Prior to L’Oréal she was the Marketing Manager at Green & Black’s working across new product development and UK brand activation.
Designed for businesses of all sizes, the Welltodo Trends Forum delivers key insights to help you take your business or career in the wellness industry to the next level.