The Welltodo Founder Series is London’s leading event series for forward-thinking brands, startups, influencers and investors in the wellness industry.
NEXT LONDON EVENT: TUESDAY 22ND OCTOBER 2019
Bird & Bird, 12 New Fetter Lane, EC4A
ABOUT THE FOUNDER SERIES
The Welltodo Founder Series has become the most highly sought after networking event for the wellness industry. We gather Founders of next-level wellness businesses to share their industry insights, strategies to launch and grow your brand, and advice from challenges they’ve faced along the way. These events are designed to help you take your idea or business to the next level!
Presented by Bird & Bird, MINDBODY, and Skipper & Skipper, the Founder Series is hosted by industry expert and founder of Welltodo, Lauren Armes. You’re in for a taste of what success in the wellness industry looks and feels like as our panelists discuss forming unique marketing strategies, funding initiatives, finding a mentor, overcoming the fear, the art of hiring, and how they see the industry changing and evolving. Afterwards, you’ll have a chance to mingle with other forward-thinking movers and shakers.
The wellness industry isn’t slowing down. It is now estimated to be worth $4.2 trillion globally, and it has never been a better time to launch or grow a wellness brand, in a fast-growing industry that is now ripe for investment.
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Tuesday 22nd October 2019, 6.15 – 9pm
Where: Bird & Bird LLP, 12 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1JP
WHAT TO EXPECT
– A 1hr Q&A with successful entrepreneurs sharing their own experiences and business advice – including a chance to ask your own questions.
– The opportunity to meet and connect with forward-thinking individuals representing businesses within the fitness, food and drink, beauty, consumer technology, fashion/athleisure, social enterprise, media and investment sectors.
– An inspiring and educational evening designed to kickstart your business.
– Networking over drinks and healthy snacks.
– The chance to be part of a live recording of ‘The Business of Wellness‘ podcast!
– A goody bag to take away — stuffed with treats from our brand partners.
WHO WILL BE THERE
– Entrepreneurs, at various stages of business ideation and growth, eager to kickstart their business idea or scale-up
– Investors interested in current and future opportunities in the vibrant global wellness sector
– Industry stakeholders servicing the needs of wellness brands – like PR agencies, brand strategists, product innovators and more
– Big brands looking to embrace innovation and new product/service development amidst a booming startup scene
– Plus, other individuals interested in the business of wellness – from a career perspective, or just out of pure curiosity!
NIKI REIN – FOUNDER, BARRECORE
Expert trainer Niki founded Barrecore in 2011. Following investment of £1.65m in 2016, the team has grown into one of the largest barre brands in the UK, with 13 studios across prime locations including Chelsea, Mayfair, Notting Hill, Kensington and Hampstead.
Niki’s team includes over 100 incredibly knowledgeable instructors, each of whom have undertaken a rigorous 200 hours of training. Her client list includes well-known faces such as Pippa Middleton, Princess Beatrice, Rita Ora, Poppy Delevingne and Darcey Bussell.
With ambitious expansion plans on the horizon, Niki will share with Founder Series guests her plans to diversify the traditional business model and take Barrecore to the next level.
JACK TANG – CO-FOUNDER & CEO, URBAN
Jack is the co-founder and CEO of Urban (formerly Urban Massage), an app on a mission to empower people through wellness. Founded in 2014, it has built a network of more than 2,500 wellness professionals offering at-home massage, physiotherapy, osteopathy and beauty treatments. To date, Urban has enabled the delivery of 300,000+ treatments generating an economic value of more than £25M. Urban currently operates in London, Paris, Birmingham and Manchester, and is backed by London’s leading VC funds including Felix Capital, Passion Capital and LCIF.
Jack is a Forbes 30 under 30 honouree and co-founded Urban in 2014 following the successful sale of his first startup which became the UK’s largest student job portal.
KRISTINA KOMLOSIOVA – CO-FOUNDER, POLLEN + GRACE
Launched in 2015, Pollen + Grace has grown from a modest lunch delivery service to a nationwide brand. Today, its products can be found on the shelves of retailers including Whole Foods, WHSmith and Ocado. In addition, its branded products are stocked in offices such as Google, HSBC and Deloitte through Compass Group.
At the beginning of this year, Kristina and her Co-Founder Stephanie, went through their first round of crowdfunding enabling them to expand their team, increase marketing, host pop-ups (currently live at The Royal Exchange, London), invest in new product development, and deliver more eco-friendly packaging.
PREVIOUS SPEAKERS INCLUDE
PLUS THE FOUNDERS OF
AND MANY MORE.
The industry’s favourite event.
Meet, connect and learn from like-minded industry professionals.
Take your idea or business to the next level.
Do you want to be our next panelist? Are you the founder of a successful wellness business? Do you have impressive stats that will inspire others? Have you been on a rollercoaster journey to get here? Tell us more and you could be our next panelist.
If you are interested in discussing an event partnership or sponsorship with Welltodo please contact us.