Website Mr NICE
Mr NICE is a high-end cannabis wellness and lifestyle brand.
POSITION: Retail Manager
JOB FUNCTION: Sales & Retail Management
REPORTING TO: VP Business Development
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Mr NICE is a high-end cannabis wellness and lifestyle brand, based on the life and ethos of Howard Marks. Our mission is to provide globally-sourced, high-quality cannabis and products to our consumers, positioning us as leaders in an exciting new facet of the wellness industry.
The Mr NICE Soho store is a cannabis shop for the modern man and woman, stocking Mr NICE cannabis products, a clothing collection inspired by cannabis and streetwear culture and hand-picked cannabis paraphernalia from around the world. In support of good health, we intend to encapsulate a way of life and support everyday wellbeing, bringing the benefits of cannabis to the wider public.
It’s an opportunity for us to help define the budding cultural movement as it enters the mainstream. Our values are simple: we champion the human spirit and seek to inspire and encourage people to be true to themselves and live by values they believe in. You can be anything you want to be, just be NICE.
The main objective of this role is to oversee the daily operations of the store and be strategic in short and long-term planning. Assume accountability for sales, service, staff, profitability and loss prevention.
The aim is to foster store community that ensures enthusiasm and quality service, and which inspires the Mr NICE customer. Ensure appropriate feedback and guidance is given in order to execute a high rate of succession and employee development. Participate in building community relationships that directly reflect the NICE culture.
- Friendly and approachable
- A good team leader who works well with others
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ready and able to tackle problems head-on and find solutions with a smile
- Willing to champion our company values and be a part of our community
- Confident, tactful and a positive manner
- Excellent organisationally and good time-management skills
- Resilient, driven and a real people person
- Self-motivated, determined, dedicated and flexible
- Attention to detail and strong knowledge-retention
- Interview, recruit and train new staff to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day business
- Organise staff schedules/rota
- Supervise and develop staff
- Oversee stock control, receive orders and manage inventory
- Uphold a high-quality, service-orientated culture
- Ensure floor sets are well organised, scheduled appropriately and cleanly executed
- Help facilitate a working relationship between the shop floor and branding teams in order to enhance the store environment and efficiently display all merchandise
Leadership and Communication
- Uphold company values and act as a strong leader to the team
- Empower and guide the team to execute productivity by ensuring there are regular meetings and a set working agenda
- Oversee all levels of customer service (including queries and complaints) and set daily goals/expectations to create a positively motivated store environment
- Exhibit excellent floor presence by training and coaching the store team on customer service, standards, product placement and time management
Operations (Front and Back of House)
- Reach sales targets and increase profits
- Understanding of POS systems, basic accounting & reporting
- Assume accountability for store Health & Safety by overseeing and upholding Company Health & Safety procedures at all times in order to protect employees and customers against accidents/incidents
- Manage staff development (Individual Development Plans, Coaching and Disciplinary actions) for a productive and successful workforce
- In-depth knowledge of the individual products stocked in store and online at MR NICE and OXON (medical cannabis brand)
- Interested in cannabis, wellness and streetwear cultures
- Interested in the uses and benefits of CBD
- Min. 2 years’ experience in a senior management role, working with boutique and/or wellness brands (e.g. Aesop, Space NK, Le Labo, A.P.C.)
- Excellent organisational skills and have the ability to plan, organise and execute targets by priority
- Can demonstrate the ability to identify problems and implement creative solutions (front and back of house, scheduling, organisation)
- An appreciation and understanding of the MR NICE story, culture and its market appeal i.e. community
- Proven ability to positively impact statistical results in sales, payroll and stock loss
- Coaching and developing a team to deliver high operational standards and results
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, stating the company and job you are applying for, to [email protected]
Want new wellness jobs direct to your inbox every week?
Sign up to our fantastic CAREERS NEWSLETTER to get weekly updates plus exclusive discounts from our careers partners and updates on our Work in Wellness course!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org