POSITION: Project Manager
JOB FUNCTION: Marketing, Operations, Business Development
REPORTING TO: Founder
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
&SISTERS is an eco-friendly, ethical, healthy feminine care brand with a social mission, with products that are better for your body, for the planet and for womankind.
What you put in your body matters. Our premium certified organic cotton products containing no harmful chemicals are both healthy and high-performing, providing ultimate peace of mind. Our silky smooth nüdie period cup, made from hypoallergenic soft medical-grade silicone is reusable and lasts for up to 10 years, saving over 2,000 disposable period products.
We’re on a mission to help every woman on the planet access safe and healthy menstrual products and 10% of all profits, through the &SISTERS Foundation go to help disadvantaged women around the world.
Just over a year old, &SISTERS is both a D-to-C (direct to consumer) and a retail brand, stocked in a number of outlets both on and offline, as well as selling through our own online store where you can build your own ‘personalised period pack’.
With ambitious growth plans, your role will be extremely diverse, giving you the chance to learn and be a part of a fast-growing start-up. Nothing is set in stone, so you have an opportunity to help define and create the &SISTERS brand.
We’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious candidate who’s motivated, super organised and passionate about womens’ health and well-being. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to experience the behind-the-scenes of running a feminine care startup and the building of a socially-conscious business from the ground up.
We are a small team so you will be involved in everything. But if we were to break your role down it would be:
35%: Marketing, social media, CRM, PR, SEO and website management
- Helping to update and manage the WordPress website ensuring the content scores well for SEO and Google Adwords.
- Team brainstorming and creating social media content and developing and fostering relationships with bloggers.
- Developing and managing a CRM/ email strategy.
- Writing and sending out press releases.
- Creating and supporting marketing campaigns.
- Telling the public about our brand, product and story – you’ll need to know the details inside out.
- A credible and enthusiastic ambassador of our brand.
35%: Operations: Customer support, developing new customer relationships/ field sales/ sampling/ order fulfilment
- Developing a thorough understanding of our target channels and the multiple accounts within each.
- Supporting and developing new retail stockists as well as supporting existing direct customers.
- Sampling at top retailers such as Planet Organic to educate customers about &SISTERS.
- Evaluating your sampling tools and providing feedback on how we can improve our sampling and in-store presence.
- Assisting with order fulfilment (picking, packing, boxing). This will shortly be contracted out. The selection and briefing of the handling house will form part of this role.
30%: Ad hoc projects
- Attend key events & trade shows.
- Involved in new product development/ product pipeline.
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the office.
- Anything involved in the daily life of a startup!
- Enthusiastic personality and a passion for womens health & well being, the environment and/or female charitable causes.
- Driving Licence.
- Social media understanding/experience (Instagram & Pinterest).
- The ability to speak and write fluently and grammatically correct English.
- Good Microsoft Office and/or Apple software ability. Mac familiarity a bonus.
- Meticulous, calm under pressure, thrive off helping people, keen to learn and get involved where needed.
- UK bank account, a NI number, proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- Although this position is primarily based at the &SISTERS HQ in Putney, south-west London, some home-working may be possible. The intention is to move to a co-working space, most likely in central London, within the next 6 months.
We are interested in candidates looking for both part-time and full-time work. Please ensure you let us know your availability in terms of hours as well as specific days.
You should apply for this role if:
- You thrive under pressure and you can juggle various complex tasks at once.
- You’re bursting with brilliant ideas and you have the ambition to see them through.
- You’re an excellent communicator and you’re confident in articulating your ideas.
- You have buckets of initiative, energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude, with a sense of humour.
- You’re an organisational beast, who thrives on getting things done, and are eager to learn and grow.
- You relish the opportunity to learn new skills and never say ‘it can’t be done’
- You build rapport with others easily and express genuine empathy
- You’re passionate about womens issues, womens health and wellbeing, the environment and female charitable causes and want to make a difference.
Please check out our website (andsisters.co.uk) to understand a little bit more about us.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and links to any relevant work, stating the company and job you are applying for, to [email protected]
Want new wellness jobs direct to your inbox every week?
Sign up to our fantastic CAREERS NEWSLETTER to get weekly updates plus exclusive discounts from our careers partners and updates on our Work in Wellness course!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org