Cranberry, Pecan & Thyme Quinoa Salad
Serves: 3-4 as a main, 6-7 as a side
Total time: 30 min
• 1 cup quinoa
• 300 gr butternut squash or pumpkin of choice, cut into cubes
• 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 1 cup pecans
• 1 small tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp sea salt
• a pinch of black pepper
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 100 gr feta or goat cheese
1. In a large pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil.
2. Wash quinoa thoroughly under warm water (rubbing to remove the husk) and add to the pan. Cook for 1 minute on high heat until you hear a popping sound. Then cover with 2 1/2 cup water. When it begins to boil, reduce heat to medium.
3. After 5 minutes add pumpkin together with thyme leaves and spices. Cook for further 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, chop pecans finely and dried cranberries in halves.
5. After quinoa is ready stir in 1 tbsp olive oil and let stand for five minutes.
6. Then add cranberries and pecans. Stir until combined.
7. Serve with feta or goat cheese, and salad of choice.
Anastasija recently moved to London to study Law & Naturopathic Medicine. She is passionate about food, and believe it should be done intelligently. Anastasija also believes that food should be delicious! With her dishes she wants people first to think that it is delicious and only afterwards remember that it is actually also very good for them. Healthy cooking/eating is easy and beautiful. Anastasija created her blog Grandmother’s Figs to share this approach with others. Follow Anastasija on Instagram for beautiful food and photography @annnastasija