Another Christmas recipe to add to your shortlist, from Holistic Health Coach and wellness crusader Jo Hodson, providing you with another delicious reason for this to be your healthiest festive season yet.
Ginger pudding with Gingerbread Sauce
Total time: approx. 45 minutes
Notes: vegan, gluten free*, refined sugar free
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium raw carrot (equal to 1/3 cup pureed)
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbs flax seed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp molasses
- ¼ cup agave/maple syrup
- 1 cup fine oat flour* (or gluten-free substitute)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium banana
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp molasses
- ½ – 1 tsp ground ginger to taste
- Blend the apple, carrot and dates with the wet ingredients until well blended and smooth.
- Stir through the dry ingredients until evenly mixed, adding a little extra water if the batter is not smooth.
- Pour the mixture into large muffin cups or a 8” cake pan.
- Bake at 180 C for 25-30 mins until just cooked through in the centre (it should be a moist). Note: cooking time based on using jumbo sized muffin cups.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, blend and warm the sauce ingredients and spoon over the ginger puddings fresh out of the oven.
Jo Hodson is the health coach and recipe developer behind the wellness website Including Cake and creator of the health food range of treats and snacks Wholeplus. “Where you’re your health and life go hand in hand” is her mantra and you can visit her to share the love on includingcake.com and wholeplus.com.